To get started chat to the Lowdown app on the Slack workspace where it's been installed. Press the button to set up your digest and follow the steps.
Alternatively, you can simply type /lowdown settings anywhere in Slack.
You'll be asked to:
- Select channels. Only selected channels will appear in your digest
- Set a frequency. Decide if you'd to receive a digest of activity from the previous day, week, 2 weeks or 4 weeks.
- Pick which day its sent. For longer frequency decide on a day of your choice.
- Set a time. Choose what time of day you want your digest.
That's it! You'll receive a digest based on your choices.
Good to know:
- Your emails will always be sent in the timezone of your Slack user account.
- Simply chat to Lowdown on Slack at any time to update your digest.
- You can only include public channels in your digest.
Want to know how Lowdown decides what to include in your digest? Read this.